Spanaway Water Company is seeking applicants for a Water Worker I (or experienced ‘Water Worker II’) position to perform public water system operation, maintenance and installation work. Must be self-motivated with the desire and ability to work within an active team environment.
Water Worker I Position Summary:
This is an entry-level development position that serves as a member of the Company’s field staff for all field operations and maintenance functions. Primary duties that will be developed with training include installation and maintenance of public water distribution system components, leak repairs, system flushing, lock-up functions, and possible system emergency response. This position also assists with utility locates, inventory and tool maintenance, vehicle and equipment readiness and maintenance, and well site operations. Reports to the Field Superintendent or as assigned to the Field Lead.
- Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License. Must possess or obtain a Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License (air brakes) prior to the end of probationary period.
- Obtain and maintain a valid L & I Flagging and First Aid certification. (Company sponsored)
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to properly operate and maintain construction equipment.
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness to meet the demands of the job that requires the ability to work outdoor in cramped, wet, awkward, and often difficult conditions and may require lifting of up to seventy-five pounds.
- Obtain and maintain Washington State Department of Labor and Industries competent person status; attend training for confined space and asbestos concrete pipe. (Company sponsored)
- Participate in the Federal (CDL) random drug and alcohol testing program.
- Must reside within 20 minutes of utility service area within one year of hire date for on call rotation purposes.
Water Worker I Wage and Benefits:
Salary range $23.30 to 42.85 with benefits. Starting wage will be based on experience, skill, knowledge and certifications. Benefits include a Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance program as well as retirement program participation and Company funded certification training/testing. Job description and application available at www.spanaway-water.org or 18413 B St E, Spanaway, WA 98387, (253) 531-9024.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.30 – $42.85 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance