We are currently hiring a Utility Billing Specialist
Are you passionate about ensuring accurate and efficient utility billing processes? Do you possess a keen eye for detail and a commitment to customer satisfaction? If so, we invite you to join our team as a Utility Billing Specialist at Spanaway Water Company.
Spanaway Water Company, a private nonprofit mutual water association located in southeast Pierce County, is seeking a Utility Billing Specialist. Spanaway Water Company originated in 1950 and now serves over 11,000 customers, has 20 employees, with annual revenues of approximately $5.5 million. We are offering an excellent opportunity for you to be a part of a sustainable organization well known for providing the community we serve with exceptional quality water by joining our customer service team.
As a Utility Billing Specialist, you will play a crucial role in the billing processes for our water utility services. This position requires a candidate with strong analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with both internal teams and customers.
- Generate and process utility bills and delinquent notices accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verify meter readings and ensure data accuracy in billing systems.
- Address billing discrepancies and resolve customer inquiries related to billing.
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing billing inquiries and concerns.
- Receive and post customer payments accurately to customer accounts.
- Collaborate with customer to resolve issues promptly.
- Communicate billing information clearly and professionally to customers.
- Generate work orders for field staff that clearly communicates work that needs to be performed.
- Analyze billing data to identify trends and potential issues.
- Help to implement strategies to improve billing efficiency and accuracy.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain organized records of billing transactions and customer interactions.
- Generate and present periodic reports on billing performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Proven experience in utility billing or a similar role.
- Familiarity with billing software and data management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
Applications and a complete job description can be downloaded from our website. Pre-employment drug test, driving history, credit check, and background checks are required after receiving a conditional job offer. All Company positions require a twelve month introductory period.
Wage and Benefits:
Starting wage will be based on experience, skill, knowledge and certifications. Job description and application available at www.spanaway-water.org or 18413 B St E, Spanaway, WA 98387, (253) 531-9024.
Job Type: Full-time, in-person, Mon-Fri 8:00 to 4:30
Salary: $27.29-$45.59 per hour
- 401(k) with matching %
- Fully funded pension plan
- Company paid Dental, Vision, and Health insurance
- Paid vacation time (starting at 2 weeks a year)
- Paid sick leave (accrued at 12 days a year)
- 12 paid holidays
Spanaway Water Company is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Join us in making a difference in our community through responsible and efficient utility billing practices!
Please submit resumes and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also drop off at our main office located at 18413 B St E, Spanaway, WA 98387